terça-feira, 22 de setembro de 2009

[Days 18 to 20] Cleanings...

Hej!

Sunday I didn't go to the beach - I went to buy some groceries in the morning and manage to escape the afternoon rain :P So now you understand why beach was out of option lol



Monday I went to work and in the afternoon I did the living room cleanings - at first I stared at the place and thought "where do i start?..." than I decided it was better to change into action than just thoughts and went for a top-to-bottom approach [pretty handy in cleaning situations] and started by the balcony. About 1h30 later I was done with the whole living room and some of my housemates even said the living room looked really nice and clean :D I was happy and hoping I'd not get a 'red mark' in the inspection :P and went to my room.


Tuesday = Little sleep + countings in the rain + countings with wind + riding back home in the rain + finding out i had to vacuum the carpets AGAIN


Well, that pretty much says it all about today. Yesterday I was working till late and today I got up even earlier than usual - at 7am we were already riding in direction to our dear intersection, where we started the countings at 7.30. Despite the rain, we manage to be dry because we found a protected spot to count the cars. At 9.00 the first counting finished and we decided to go for a cup of coffee to warm up, but almost everything was open only from 10-11 am on... We finally found a place where we could both get a warm drink and stay inside and only left it before the lunch countings, from 11 to 12. After that we ride to work to have lunch in the canteen - nothing special here, except for the part where our work in in a hilly part and that means cycling up... and today with the bonus of having wind against us :P After lunch both me and Ivo were totally sleepy, but we manage to get trough with coffee and at 15 we were back in the intersection for the last counting of the day. We didn't get rain, but we got a lot of wind, which meant that the 'real fell' temperature was lower... and we didn't miss the rain for that long, cuz it started raining tight after we finished counting and all the way back home - yes, by bike :P

On the way home I stoped in Lidl to get some fruit and vegetables and by the time I got home I just felt like taking a shower and taking a looooooong nap. That would have been so nice!... but the inspection paper was clear: I needed to vacuum the carpet floor AGAIN. Some of you might have seen me cleaning, so you know I take care of it pretty well, so what went wrong with this picture?... House parties... Yeap, Last night about 10 ppl came over and stayed in the living room. I saw them when I went to get a cup of milk around midnight and I fear for this outcome. I asked them to clean up afterwards - and the tables were actually clean - but the floor had the usual marks of use. So my "shower + nap" marvelous combination was substituted by a "second go at vacuuming the floor of the living room + balcony". I wasn't about to let this pass that easily, so I already left a suggestion for everyone in the house: no gathering in the living room on Mondays and Tuesdays evenings - cuz the 'inspections' are on Monday and Tuesday mornings, so all the work one has done can go down the drain with means another cleaning or worst - a [cleaning] bill to pay.

Well this is about it and now I'll finish two pages to send to Lisbon, copy paste everything into a single document to print tomorrow and finally go to sleep :D Tomorrow gotta get up early again to talk with the caretaker at 7.30 am :P oh god.. this is going to be a hard week lol [but there's a glance of a free concert on Friday ;) ]

Beijinhos


PS - Yeap, no pics of me cleaning... yesterday I was focused on the cleaning and today I was so pissed off I didn't even thing about it lol

PPS - Gotta share this with you... I GOT PISTACHIO TURKISH DELIGHTS! :D My favourites as you might know [if you don't, it's just cuz you don't remember lol well, can't blame you for not storing unimportant info like this in your memory eheh] Just found out on Sunday there's a shop near the bus stop - went there on Monday to check it out and there they were... Lokoum for 25 krones [not that expensive - and anyway it's not like i'm going to buy them again that soon :P]



PPPS - I'm taking the bus tomorrow... I'd rather get to work and back home with my clothes dry... you should have seem the people at City Vest [the mall where Lidl is] - all dressed up in dry clothes, of course - looking at me when I got there! Due to the bike ride in the rain, my hair, the frontal part of the jeans and the upper part of the jacket were all wet, so I was not a 'sight for dry clothes' LOL

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário