sábado, 5 de setembro de 2009

[Day 3] A weekend to relax, see the match and share some initial observations

Hello!

So today was a calmer day - I was working till late last night, but manage to get up rather early (comparing to what i was expecting :P). checked the e-mail, had breakfast and head to town to get my bus pass. Denmark, Denmark... they *really* don't know what cheap is :P My monthly pass was little over 45€! (which would be enough for 2 month of combine Metro + Carris pass in Lisbon...). Anyway, the lady was really nice and when she saw my name, she asked if it was really all those names or smth was extra XD I said it was all 5 of them and she asked me to pronounce my name, since she didn't know how to do it correctly and then she laughed when I explain Relva means grass and Pereira pear tree :P

After getting the bus pass I decided not to head to IKEA today and I went to check the mall they have. It has a lot of shops for clothes, decoration, and the usual mall stuff, and it also has a supermarket. I decided to go in to check the prices and I bough some food, as well as 4 other important things: white paste to put stuff on the wall without nails, a piece of gift wrap paper that reminds me of a painted rainbow :) and bed linen (mattress sheet + upper sheet with pillow case). By the time I was done I went back home, cuz it was already lunch time, heated the rice left from dinner - thanks for the tupperware idea, it is handy to have them ;) - and eat it with tuna, tomatoes and apple.

After lunch I came back to my room and I finally manage to have some more colour - gotta admit I was looking for a cheap solution, but never though I could actually work out smth this cheap :D I cut a big piece of the wrap paper and put in front of the desk and I also hold the flag with the paste (I had tried with tape, but it fell down). I also tried the bed linen to see if it fit the bed and now I'll exchange the pink of my sleeping bag for the light green of the bed upper cover :) I just gotta find out the best way to wash them before using them :P

And finally I wanted to share a couple of things from the initial observations:
=> First, the weather is really windy and rainy :P No sun what-so-ever! (That's also part of the reason I decided to go for some more colour in my room) Well, that's not really news, I know, but I have to complain a little bit while I'm not totally used to it. On the other side, the weather and the fact everything tends to be expensive are probably the really not-good things around here.
=> Buses run on time :D and it's funny cuz you have to get in in the backdoor and leave the bus through the front door :) There's an automatic ticket machine in the bus and each 2 zone on board ticket costs 18 kr :s - that's why i was really happy to have the bus pass from today on :) I think there's a big muslim community here cuz there's a part of the bus route (bus nº 15) where a lot of muslim ppl get in and out of the bus. It's easy to tell them apart cuz most Danish ppl are blond and many of them use shorts/ skirts with this weather and cold :P and then there are a lot of international students speaking smth other then Danish among themselves ;)
=> They don't buy fruit and vegetable per weight, they by it per piece! Amazing :P And then they have promos like "It's 10 kr a piece, but if you take 10 it's 80 kr total".
=> "Self-observation": with the travels to get food, the wind and the getting inside getting outside I'm also starting to walk in the rain without protecting my head and I guess one of two things will happen: either I get a cold or I get immune to it :P

[Note: up till here was writing after lunch, to help me resume the writing rhythm :P the following part is from the end of the night.]

Back online, after work and after the match... shit, I felt like we were jinxed :s Anyway, I saw the game with the other 2 portuguese I met here, some of their "housemates" and with Ivo - my Croatian colleague, who got here at the hour of the match. After the match we came to our side of the dormitories (even doors are on one side, odd doors on another) and on the way back I noticed it wasn't raining! :D Actually the sky didn't have that many clouds - of course this had to happen at night and not when the sun was up :P - and I took some pics to test the night mode of the camera.

Now I already had smth to eat and I'm going back to work. Tomorrow I might go to IKEA with Ivo, since he needs stuff for his room and we can eat there for an affordable price :P

Beijinhos!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário