sexta-feira, 11 de setembro de 2009

[Day 7 & 8] One week here!

Hej!

Yesterday you had a break, today you get 2-in-1 :)

My life yesterday was pretty normal - got the bus to work and met Ivo there. We went to talk with our boss and had another session of information about Aarhus and the plans here - they really have great things :D The rest of the morning was spent in our room, installing all the needed programmes in the computer (Firefox+add-ons :P, Adobe Reader, etc, etc). After lunch we went to the city with our boss, who showed us 'in-situ' what had been done - for me it worked both as a get-to-known-the-work-done and also as a tour around the city centre :) I'm sending some pics so you can check how it looks like - we had good weather to walk around eheh

After work I came straight home, hoping to get news from Lisbon. Well, they hadn't arrived by then and I spend a lot of time in the computer - don't ask me doing what, cuz I just know I barely managed to get some work done, I was too "static" :P When the time came to check the Portuguese game, I was trying to get links to work, but didn't manage... until the 2nd half :P I was also checking the summary in Record online, so I know Pepe had scored. With all the trouble finding links, I found out there's another BESTie in Aarhus from Vienna, so we said we'd meet sometime lol

After the game I had great news from Lisbon: I am allowed to submit my thesis by the 9th October! :D I was sooooooo happy eheh After this I was almost ready to go to sleep when Ivo showed me a trip to Trondheim IAESTE Norway is organising - so we spent quite a lot of time checking flights, buses and trains to make up a budget - and eventually decided to go to sleep without a final result cuz it was late :P


Today I got up and met Ivo at 8am to cycle to work - it's mostly downhill so it was better :P As usual, we met Jesper (the boss) for a cup of tea and a discussion about we'd do. Assignment for the day: to come up with a workplan, detailing all the info and data we need, software, what we want do to, etc, etc We spent the morning around it and showed it to him after lunch. When we were done with work we went to fix our bikes before leaving - they have a garage prepared for it :D and getting the seat in the right position was a BIG help ;) We went downtown to meet Trine, who had Ivo's papers, and then headed to the Bazar. There I managed to make my mobile "universal" :P for 100 DKK (instead of the 300-400 DKK I'd have spend getting a new mobile) and a danish number. We also strolled around to check the prices and we're going there again for sure to get food, as it's cheaper then some supermarkets around and it's quite close by bike.

After I got home I wanted to work on the thesis, but I was so tired that after checking the mail, I decided to take a little rest - and ended up taking a nap :P I woke up just on time to get a shower and meet the others for the concert tonight. I though, being Denmark, this would start more on time... but I was wrong! :P It was supposed to start at 10pm, but actually started after 10.30pm. It was a nice concert and I tried some different ways of taking photos with the camera eheh

I was supposed to work on the thesis now, but ended up writing this... and now it's time to get some sleep - Jesper invited us to join the department on their weekly meeting, where they discussed what will be done the following week, "with egg rolls, cakes and tea" :) Have I already told you that it's amazing to be working here? ;)

I say goodbye sharing some more photos. Tomorrow I'll probably come home after work, but I want to take a morning or afternoon off in the weekend to go to the city again and explore a bit more - and then you'll get more photos.

PS - In the concert I discovered we are 7 portuguese in Skjoldhøjkollegiet - me, Diogo, Inês, Margarida, Francisco, Joana + someone I didn't meet. From these 6, 3 are from Lisbon, 2 from Porto and 1 from Évora :)

PPS - There an interesting history about Aarhus City Hall, but I'm running ut of time and energy,so I'll just leave you with these links:

PPPS (= post-post-post scriptum :P) - After attaching the photos, I feel like I have to say a few things: we have our own tea mugs and we drink tea (or coffee with milk for me, after lunch) at work. We have a very nice canteen, which looses some of the impact in a photo taken without proper light :P Besides considering bus 15 my friend, I also consider the bike my friend :) After trying this morning, as the way to work is almost all downhill, we can get to work in a pretty "normal" way, we don't need to shower there (mandatory on the return - uphill - home :P)


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário