sexta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2009

[Day 1] The beginning...

Ok, this was day 1! :D Got up at 6.30 am to take a shower, review the last minute things and head to the airport. There was a queue due to road problems (not to be discussed now :P), but I managed to get to the airport on time. The problem? The weight lol My suitcase was about 22-23 kgs and my (old) sleeping bag is about 1,5 kg. Too much weight, but the man let me take the sleeping bag by hand. In the mean time I had left my dad with the hand suitcase i the car :P not on purpose, but just cuz I was really running to be able to do the check in. Well, I went back, said goodbye and head to the huuuuuuge security queue. I had to be inspected by the police, but eventually managed to get the h*** out of there and head to the boarding gate. The ticket said gate 16, but when I passed through the electronic board I decided to check... and the new gate was nº 2... Went there, still huge queue - apparently it was already the 3rd gate the flight had and by the time we were supposed to be taking off, we were still getting on the bus to get to the plane. Well, all this confusion helped me in getting all my luggage in the plane without paying extra for it lol

The trip was ok (I slept most of the time) and when I got to Copenhagen around 1pm GMT, with a "beautiful" white-and-grey sky. Since it was lunch time and I knew the next train ride would take more then 3 hours, I went ot Burger King to get smth to eat (for an affordable price - yeap, affordable is the maximum I can use, this "cheap" is an unknown concept around here :P). Afterwards, took the [expensive] train to Aarhus and also managed to sleep most of the trip here. On the train station I met a girl from IAESTE who took me to the dorms by bus. On the bus I met a Romanian girl from AISEC Bucharest and I guess we'll be seeing each other around, since she's also staying in the dorms :)

Now the dorms.... it's not like the apartment building we usually have in Lisbon, it's more like a cluster of "houses" with a common living room and kitchen and 12 rooms divided in two "floors" - the division is only felt in the room access area, cuz we have an inside balcony to access the upper floor, but the living room doesn't have the separation. My room (with private WC), a bed, a desk, a "working" chair, wardrobe, two kind of "bed-side tables" and a "sitting" chair. After putting my stuff i the right place, it feels a bit better and tomorrow I'll go to IKEA to get a few things missing - like the stuff to hang the clothes on the wardrobe :P The ppl leaving here are nice, the Norwegian girl borrowed me her internet cable so I could access it now :) There also a brazilian guy, so I'll be speaking portuguese during this period :D

Well, nothing more to say about today, there are some pics in attachment and I'll share more tomorrow :)

Beijinhos!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário