terça-feira, 15 de setembro de 2009

[Day 10 and 11] The second weekend here

Hey!

My window is facing East and I get the sunrise everyday, so I wake up early and get a shiny welcome every morning - pretty nice, unless you'd actually want to sleep a little more :P Anyway, on Saturday I decided to take the time (and the sun) to wash my bed linen. I decided to give it a try in my WC instead of going to the laundry for two reasons: 1) didn't really felt like paying for it; 2) only had handwashing powder and I didn't feel like trying to use it on washing machines - which my mum confirmed to be a good solution, as it makes much more foam and can ruin the machine lol. Well, I manage to wash it and to put it to try and during that time a wasp got into my room. The damn thing was not that bright and couldn't find its was out... I gave up trying to put it out myself and after stopping hearing it, I though it was gone and decided to head for Bilka. Got milk, yogurts, fruit, the new lamp (light bulb)... and machine washing gel :) Got back home and I discovered the wasp was still in there!! I guess it was running out of energy, cuz it was laying in the floor and so I killed it (sorry animal lovers). I went down to try to make my semi-complex food - cooking meat :P I didn't have wine, so I used cider instead XD Well, I still have to improve the cooking here lol About my food regime, I'll go light on the food at home during the week, since I get a pretty good lunch at work. On the weekends I'll try to make smth a littler more "solid" and to prevent meat from being in the fridge for too long (like it happened now) I'll just buy it on saturday morning.

After lunch I went back to the room and passed a little time trying to put the new light bulb in the lamp - which should have been smth kinda of funny to watch, since I had to be on my toes to reach it :P Afterwards I went to Ivo to the "hill" nearby and check the city view from there. I have pics, but I'll send them later. Then I went back home to work and I was planing to join a party later on, but I was so tired I feel asleep and only wake up the next day :P

On Sunday morning I got up early (again) and went to town - I took a "5 historical walks" from the tourist shop so I'd have an idea where to go. I went to check the "Women's Museum", which was different, but could be improved (well, at least with student price it was cheap :P). The funniest part was actually the Childhood floor and not the women's history floor, in my opinion... I strolled around the downtown area and I liked it a lot! Had a the good part of getting to know the streets a little better, which can be quite handy when we're dealing with traffic and city plans eheh There are a lot of people jogging, both in the city and near the dorms, and on Sunday I also saw parents - kids jogging and cycling together :)

When I got home I prepared a snack and I was talking with him an Michael about stuff - and found out this was a busy weekend in terms of lack of security :s Some cars got broken into, some bikes were stolen, there were troubles in the bus and the driver called the police, the "bus house" near our bus stop had a broken window... and someone even tried to get into one of our house rooms, while the person was inside :/ Well, this was the not so nice side of it, breaking the "Nordic security reputation" :P but in the end it's sums up to just having to follow the same basic security rules everywhere in the world.

No pics today and I might not even add pics until the end of the week, considering I tend to spend a ,ot of time with them - time that I have to prioritize to my thesis now :P

Beijinhos

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário