quarta-feira, 23 de setembro de 2009

[Day 21] A happy day! :D




Well... not exactly a happy, happy day, more like a very, very happy ending of the day eheh

What makes me this happy... smth with 69 pages and 63 references - the first draft of my thesis with the 4 main chapters in a single file! :D I still gotta cut a bit here, add a bit there, check some maps.... and write the conclusion and critic chapter. BUT I'M HAPPY :D It's great to see everything in place and starting to really give the feeling it's almost on the way to be finished eheh

Now that you know how the day ended, I'll share my morning. Today we didn't have car coutings, only bike coutnings, which can are made in the afternoon.... but I still woke up at 6.20 cuz I forgot to change the alarm last night :P Anyway, it was good cuz I had time to shower, have a nice breakfast and...not go to work :P Since I had the double cleaning yesterday, I wanted to make sure they were going to check it before anyone would walk on the floor so I went to the caretakers office to explain it had been vacuumed twice in 2 days. Of course I wasn't just gonna to that, I also put into actions what we had said in the weekend - the vacuum cleaner needed a new "tube" cuz this one was bended and much of the suction strength was lost in that spot. And since I was going there anyway, I also took care of the lamps (= light bulbs) that were not working. Ok, short explanation: inside the room we are responsible for the stuff, so if a lamp 'dies', we need to buy a new one ourselves, but for the common area the caretaker gives us new ones for free. Anyway, I guess most ppl don't do that, cuz they were smiling when I was talking to them. Yes, cuz the caretaker is one, the inspector is another and I had to see a third one about the vacuum and the lamps. I don't know if you can get the feeling from the map in Picasa, but it takes smth like 2-3 min to get to the caretakers office from our house - nothing much, mainly for me, but now add up to that a vacuum cleaner. Yes... I had to take it there to be fixed :P Already told my housemates that someone[else] needs to go and get it back :P

When I was finally done with everything, I went to catch the bus to work, but I saw one arriving and I ran in. I thought it was a little strange it was leaving before the schedule hour, but thought maybe it was a delayed one... until I started seeing unusual surroundings some 20 min later! :P In the bus stop near the dorms we have 2 buses: number 15 (the one I take) and number 90. This lat one was, of course, he one I took. I really didn't thing about checking the number cuz 90 only leaves every now and then and 15 it's like 3 - 4 times an hour. Still, the whole thing was not a disaster - I got of the bus, changed directions, asked what was the bus to the city centre and got there, to catch 15 to work :)

When I got to work we had fun changing the room eheh Didn't tell you yet, but our new tables arrived yesterday! :D They are super cool, you can lower them pressing a button and it's really funny. Ok, better than that, they are much bigger than the temporary ones, so it's much simpler to rearrange the space in order to have papers + keyboard + mouse + tea cup... all in safety :)

The afternoon was pretty normal - after lunch we headed to town to count bikes - and got the usual "what the hell are these doing?" look from ppl passing by us :P The came home, finished the chapter, send it and glued everything :D Oh, yeah... we got the payment papers... we're not going to get as much as we thought, so next month will mean developing an even more creative saving money method :P

Beijinhos! Now it's time to go to sleep cuz tomorrow it's 'counting cars' day again :P

1 comentário: