sexta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2009

[Day 2] Getting into the new reality :)

Hello again :)

Well, day two isn't totally over, but I don't think I'll be doing that much more, so here is what I've been up to today. To start with, last night I decided to sleep as much as my body wanted tonight - and I had plans to turn off the alarm clock :P I was so tired I feel asleep before doing so, so at 7 smth (local hour) I woke up, turned it off, turned off any other sounds the mobile could have and went back to sleep :D

I woke up after 11 am, which is quite amazing for me :P I went to check the email and later on I went down to have breakfast. Yesterday I hadn't bought much, so I basically had the cheese and crackers I took from the plane :P and a yogurt. I went to the city centre to take care of bureaucratic stuff and I managed to get to the wrong place - fortunately I noticed it was wrong and went back to the (right) bus stop, where Laura and I met again! We went to the centre together and met Niels, the IAESTE guy who was going to help me. He said I didn't need the CPR, so in the end we were going there to help Laura. Afterwards was the time to get the bus pass... but I forgot to take my photos with me in the morning :P (I'm going there tomorrow morning to take care of that, cuz each bus ride is 18 kr :s)

Once we were done with the city centre, we two took the bus back "home" and we had lunch at Laura's - I didn't have any food, so she invited me. After the break and getting some energies again, I went to Aldi (similar to Lidl for the portuguese folks reading this) to get the basic stuff I was missing (food, tooth paste, toilet paper, etc). Of course I was lucky enough to get rain on the way there and on the way back (which is 5-10 min by foot each direction).

Back home I started to put things away and then I noticed with all the "basic stuff" I had forgotten to buy more non-basic things to be able to make dinner lol While I was in the kitchen putting my things in the fridge I was telling Tudor (Romanian) it must hve been designed for Danish ppl, cuz the sink is abnormally high for someone my size and I can't reach the last shelf in my cupboard :P He laughed and then offer to trade his cupboard for mine - which is a rather win-win situation, since he is tall and he has problems reaching his lower cupboard eheh Then we were talking about dinner and I didn't feel like going back in the rain to get food, so he told me to help myself with his food. I went for rice and sausages (well, not much to choose from in the meat side) and Camil, the Turkish guy, taught me how to prepare them (they were "muslim sausages", without pork meat). Of course the basic stuff I bought included apples and tomatoes, so I had those to go with dinner, as well as some carrots with are part of the "common food" :D Does that sound strange? Well, it's not and I'll get to that later ;) After dinner I went with Laura to meet Diogo, her Portuguese colleague and I also met Inês, another Portuguese whom he knows. We didn't talk much, cuz they were on their way to a birthday party and I came back to my place.

So about eh place I'm staying... I must really say that I had a really great impression yesterday, but I'm loving it even more today! some of the people are really nice and helpful and there's an amazing spirit here - a lot of nationalities means we're most of the time speaking English, so no "what the hell are they saying" moments and it's also easier to get into the conversation ourselves. The kitchen has cupboards for each room and a fridge for each pair of rooms, but everything else is pretty much shared - which doesn't stop at kitchen "tools", but also includes two drawers of "common food" :D It's basically food that lasts long and my carrots for today's dinner came from there :)


Finally, the photos of today:

=> I took 2 pics of the view I have form my room - I can't complain about having lots of green to see everyday :D
=> A pic relating to the Denmark - Portugal match tomorrow (guess it's smth about bets, but I'm not sure)
=> A pic showing the Danish walk in the streets exactly the same whether it's raining lightly or not raining at all - I barely saw any umbrellas today and I'm starting to do the same as they do, just walk in the (light) rain. I foresee one of two results: either I get a cold or I get immunity :P
=> The entry to my "house", nº 60 (and that human figure fully dressed it's me :P)
=> Last but not least, 3 pics from the dorms taken during the night - during the day I was busy carrying the stuff I bought, so no pics, but I'll take some during the time I'll spend here


Now it's time to go back to my thesis :) And tomorrow i'll get up early - I'll head to town early to get a bus pass and then might go to IKEA (my first time in my life :P though some of my roommates had troubles believing it...).

Beijinhos!






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário