segunda-feira, 7 de setembro de 2009

[Day 5] First day at work... and bad news from Lisbon :s

A note: I still don't have a Danish cellphone, and my portuguese one, for an unknown reason, decides not to work form time to time (doesn't get network connection even though it has almost perfect signal).

First day :D Ok, getting to work was a bit bumpy, as Niels (IAESTE guy) was talking to me and Ivo, but settling different things with each one :P With me we were supposed to leave the bus, with Ivo he would hop in. Anyway, this wasn't too critical and we did manage to get to work - it takes about 45 minutes by bus from here :)

We met our boss - who seems really friendly and, of course, told us his first name (Jasper) - and talked to us about what we'll be doing in the next few days and our project. We'll get to know al the technical departments of the Municipality :D and our project is great: we have to find a solution for a square in town, one of the critical spots right now ;) We spent part of the morning there, we got a bike each [borrowed from the department] and even had lunch there in the canteen! It works like a buffet and a medium plate cost 23 kr [around 3 euros] or 210 kr for a 10-cuppon set. The food was really good, so we'll be having lunch there and having lighter meals at home in the evening.

Since we had the bikes, we decided to ride home - which takes about 30-40 minutes. Nothing wrong there, expect for the part where my seat was slowly getting lower and I couldn't make the "full movement" with my knee. Result? A really bad pain :s I gotta find a way to get the seat up again and to tight it better, so this time it actually doesn't move :P On the way home I went to Bilka, the big supermarket around, and got some power to wash my clothes :D Washing adventures are going to start soon lol

After all the travels I came home, took a shower and came to the computer... to get bad news :( Apparently there's an administrative problem and I gotta find out how to solve it in order to be able to submit my thesis on time. I spent a great deal of time around this and didn't actually touched my thesis, so now I'll go and make dinner and then I'll spend the night working on it.

Tomorrow work starts more seriously :D I still think I'll take the bus there instead of the bike - i) i gotta a bus pass anyway, so I might as well use it; ii) cycling for over 1/2h makes you a little sweaty :P and even though they have showers there, I don't feel like taking 2 showers a day [hey! i'm totally up for a daily shower, but let's not push it, ok?]

No photos today, I'll take some photos tomorrow - and show my room there, the plaque with our names :D, the canteen and so on :)

Beijinhos!


PS - Yeah, right... I finally come to terms about updating my weather forecast: it is now officially giving me Aarhus forecast and no longer Lisbon's :P

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário