segunda-feira, 2 de novembro de 2009

31st Oct, 1st Nov: The First & the Last

Ending one month, starting another. First weekend after the internship is over, last weekend in Denmark. First visit to Aalborg, last trip to visit a new city.
First official training sessions delivered by me! First time trying Xmas beer ;) First time (in a few days) sleeping the whole night and not waking up with the sunrise. First time (in a looooong time) ice skating again. First time writing this from a train :P

After this introduction, I must say I truly loved this weekend – even including the little sleep on Friday night, the getting up early on Saturday to catch the bus to the city centre, miss the train for a couples of minutes and then wait 45 minutes for the next :P

There were not many people in the training, but it was still cool – for the first official time, I liked it a lot and I do think it helped them too :) After a day talking, my throat was a bit soar, but half light and candle light dinner with great company and wine (and homemade lasagne) made me forget about it. Oh… yeah… cannot forget Toms turtles in the end :D

Saturday night was Halloween night, but I was soooo tired that I just wanted to get some sleep and that’s what we did. It felt great to sleep a whole night through and not wake up with the sun rise ;) Morten and Maria are great hosts – Sunday started with an amazing [Danish] breakfast and then off to the uni again to talk about LECs [and how Dennis was late :P]. After “work” we said goodbye to Lars and to XXX on the way to see the city: Aalborg is not so big, but was nice to walk around and know the “bar street”, even if only by day – well, with the leftovers from the night before and remembering Bairro Alto in the crewed nights, I could get a feeling of the place by night ;) – and included getting some fruit covered with chocolate and nuts with strawberry-flavoured glacé cover or smth like that, traditional in Xmas time around here. After the city tour we headed home, were we had tea and ate the nuts and then… WE WENT ICE SKATING!!! :D I was sooooooooo happy eheh Amazingly (or not, considering I never surfed as an example), Morten had never done it before, so it was a great experienced to the three of us :) I felt down once – guess it’s my destiny :P – but it wasn’t my fault! A guy came across me and lost his balance and grabbed my arm, of course the result was that he managed to stay up but I lost my balance and went with my knee and hand to the ice :P

After the ice skating time we went to get my stuff and their home and we went to the train station. Of course the train adventures continue and this time was no different – the 20.59 train was cancelled due to bad weather and the 21.15 train was delayed 30-35 minutes because there were too many leafs in the train track…. Well, no problem in waiting a bit as long as we get there safe and sound :)


PS – I guess getting train adventures is becoming normal :P The train was supposed to take ~1h30, but in the end it took double the time because of the weather and the leafs in the tracks... at a certain point I was really starting to worry because of the buses, but I managed to reach the bus station 5 minutes before the last one came... Then, finally home!!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário