sexta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2009

05th Nov: A day in Cph... and many train & metro rides :P

First day of the post-Århus time. No, I’m not being emotional, it’s just that this time here almost doesn’t feel like it’s part of the time before. It’s really like doing tourism in a normal “crash-at-a-BESTie” way (ensures a good talk, free sleeping place and usually remembering some old times).

The morning started quite early, with Ruben calling me. I don’t really remember much, except turning off the sound of the mobile and continue to sleep :P I finally got up after 10 am and took a shower :) Radu was leaving around lunch time but he was still going to the city to see the Round Tower (Randutaarn) and so I went with him (first metro ride of the day :P).

The tower is peculiar because in most of the way up… you walk :) Really, there are no stairs, it’s a continuous ramp, with only 2/ 3 levels connected with stairs really in the top. It was nice and it was also my first view of Cph – from above. On the way back to the metro I stopped at a store to buy a chocolate croissant and a chocolate milk [yeah, I’d would have gotten smth less sweet if I had more to choose from :P), aka I had breakfast. Since we left right after I took the shower, I had no time to eat anything at home.

Anyway, second ride in the metro to get home and we were back home. The initial plans were for Xavier to go with Radu to the airport, but he stayed home to prepare lunch and I went instead – two more rides (return also counts :P), this time in the train. Back at home, pasta for lunch :) Xavier was initially going with me to the town again, but as he still had some arrangements to do, I went alone after lunch by metro :P

As Ivo had told me he had to use 2 days to close his account, I went straight to DSB to buy the Cph – Malmö return ticket [I’m going there tomorrow, though I’m only meeting Pantoja in Lisbon cuz he’s leaving at 7am from Malmö :P] and then to Danske Bank. I actually had no problems, the lady gave me all the money I had left [not much :P] and said the account would be automatically closed tomorrow, when the train ticket payment would be processes – so yes, the only money left was the train ticket one.

By the time I left the bank sun had already set and the light was diminishing :P [and it was before 5 pm]. I went looking for a post office to get some stamps for the last postcards, but no luck :P I did manage to find some interesting souvenirs, so I got to know the whole shopping street lol I also went to Tivoli Gardens’ area, saw the outside of many buildings and ended up arranging drinks/ dinner for tomorrow with Ruben – a classmate I haven’t seen for 2 years :) Before going home I decided to walk from the Central train station – which is not that central, Nørreport is much better – to the cafés and boats channel, called Nyhavn [= new harbour].

After all that walk I finally went home by metro (again…). Gwen was already home and I spent the rest of the evening there. Also brushed up my French watching “Les Inconnus” in YouTube :)

Final remark: during the morning and early afternoon it wasn’t raining, but I (re)started while I was walking in the chopping street and continued till I got home [and then I don’t know, and I didn’t care :P].

Bisous!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário