sábado, 14 de novembro de 2009

06th Nov: 1 (last) day, 2 countries :)

The day started with me waking up with Gwen packing... and then falling asleep again. And waking up again with Xavier packing and leaving :P I decided to get up, got dressed, had breakfast and left for Malmö.
When I got to the train station I went to the wrong track and only noticed when the train was coming – so I rushed up and down the stairs to get to the right track on time. But it was the previous train! :P So I still had to wait for my train :)

Malmö is a nice small city, with *a lot* of parks. I started my trip going West [and now I remember Annie Fox’s “Into the West” song :P] to the castle side, just to find out I was about 1h too early :P It only opened at noon, so I didn’t manage to see the Nelson Mandela exposition :( I went to see the gardens around instead and bought lunch – a kebab – nearby :) Then I went to the “posh square” [Davidshallstorg], to another park [Pildamms] and the multicultural, alternative square [Möllevångstorget]. You can easily get when you’re getting near cuz all restaurants and supermarkets turn into non-Nordic stuff [Arab, Polish, American, Italian, ...] and you can also smell it too :) Time was passing by, so I head back to the train station passing by St Johannes church, Gustav Adof’s Torg, a stop at a shop, Lilla Torg [The Little Square], Stortorget [The Big Square] and St Petri church.

There was a train leaving at 14h59, so I took it, but I got on-board in the 1st class wagon. I didn’t know which way it was to the 2nd class and the advice I got from the passengers there was just to take an empty seat somewhere there and just enjoy the ride – which I did :) There was a Check man next to me and we started by talking about Cph, but went to Prague and finally a “long” [as long as the small trip could provide] conversation about what to see in Portugal and the best time to enjoy it, since he wants to go there for some time now :) I recommended September, with Lisbon, Sintra, Costa Vicentina and Porto & Douro – with vindimas included.

When I go to Cph I went looking for a Post office, which was not that easy, but I managed to send my last postcards. Then I went to MacDonald’s to have a MacFlurry [a crime, I know, but it was cheap and I wanted an ice-cream] and then just strolling around the city while I was trying to reach Ruben. When I was about to give up and go home, he called me and we met later. It was the first time I went to Baresso Café :P and we had a very nice talk :)

Afterwards I headed home and got into the computer. I heard the door open and I was thinking “Wtf?!” – the door can be open from the outside – since I was supposed to be the only person here... but it ended up being Gwen, who had an airport adventure and was back in Cph instead of Iasi.

The night ended with me trying to book a flight to Madeira in February, getting a flight later than I should cuz I have a concert in that day and trying to fix everything! :P And, of course, unpacking and repacking again, hopping to fit everything into the number of allowed bags :P Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário