sexta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2009

04th Nov: The End

Hej!

These are my last minutes in Århus, while I’m in the train to Copenhagen. Of course my last train ride couldn’t be normal – there’s already a delay of 7 minutes and there was a warning smth was else was going on lol I’m truly glad I have enough time to reach Cph and that the ride to the airport on Saturday is going to be much shorter :) [and with more options]. Ups, and now the train has left, so I’ll see my last images of the city that welcomed care of me for 2 months.

Ok, back to writing :) As I said, I spend the night washing the bathroom – smth like 1,5h rubbing tiles and all the bathrooms spaces. I decided to get some sleep around 4 am and put my alarm clock for 7.15 am, but I was so nervous about the cleaning and so tired, that my sleep was very light... and that meant that I woke up many times with the wind and, at times, with the alarms (of the cars?) going off. When the alarm rang I got up and started to clean the room again – took the big luggage downstairs and cleaned the dust, washed the window, vacuumed the floor. After all this it was already 9.15 and I finished dressing [I changed the upper part] and finished packing all the little things. By 9.40 all my stuff was downstairs and I had passed the “moist cloth” in the bathroom again to really leave it shinny and clean :) Inês came by and gave me the laundry card “envelope” and I gave her the last bag in exchange. I took the paper to recycle and the garbage too and by 9.50 I was all ready, with the room locked.

I had breakfast and took the computer out and was waiting for the inspection in the living room. He got there around 11.15 and I mentally crossed my fingers ;) All and all, it went well – he asked me to vacuum the mattress, clean the lower part of the bed and the lamp [so I didn’t have to pay for those cleanings] and the only thing that I have to pay for is the cleaning of the kitchen cupboard and the bathroom floor. Well... I actually scrubbed the whole floor, but since he didn’t say anything about the table and didn’t charge me to clean the curtains [which he tore :P], I was ok with that.

Went back downstairs and was chatting with Alex for about 1h, including a trip t the shop to get some liquids for the train trip. And I realised.... IT WAS SNOWING! :D I was soooooo happy! Ok, it was the kind of snow that melts as soon as it hits a surface, but still, snow :) Back home I made lunch and left for the bus. I met Joana on the bus station, so we were also chatting on the way to the city centre. Finally got to the train station, bought the ticket [with reservation – a *very* good move, since the whole train is packed and moving around with the bags would not have been nice.

Now it’s time to relax and enjoy the train trip. In other words, time to finally see “Angels & Demons” :P See you later!

§§§

Well, I’ve heard a lot of people saying the book is a nice to read for the fans of the type and, adding to that the critics that the film is nowhere close to the book, I can only imagine the book must really make the reader eager to read and read with all the twists going on. As for the film, it’s pretty ok for a train ride - not sure I’d recommended it, but in the absence of other options... :P

§§§

And before I closed the computer, there was still (plenty) of time for “Le Maison en Cubes” – very nice to see and only 12 minutes. And after the computer was closed there was even time for a short nap :P

Got to Ørestad and met Xavier and Radu, a Moldavian who had been doing a project in Grenoble and was now in Cph visiting the city [and Malmö too – they had just arrived from there]. We all went home and the rest of the evening was spent there, with some cider, Danish snaps and a Grenoble drink, along with two salmon toasts :) And then I finally went to sleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário