domingo, 25 de outubro de 2009

16th Nov: Getting to Norway! :D

Nothing is as funny unless you have some nice stories to go with it, right? :P

The weekend actually started on Thursday night, with me working late on the laptop in order to leave it with Runa before going. As a result, I went to bed without packing and I had to do it on Friday morning when I woke up.

Got to work and then i decided to try to activate my Lebara roaming... just to find out I needed my CPR number... and that they’d give me the answer in 5 days!!!! Of course when we were less than 24h to go to leave, that implied going home after lunch to get my portuguese sim card, with a small pit stop in the camera services to pick up my camera :D All this travelling was a bit stressing and mostly time consuming :/ and during the next 2 weeks I’m working a bit later to make up for the time outside work :P

After all this, I thought the rest of the trip would be smother, but the adventure was only about to start! We got to the train station on time and bought the tickets. Got in the train and the journey start. So far so good. But then we stopped somewhere and we had to wait for smth, losing the buffer time we had. We started our journey again and in the stop before Copenhagen, another stop... one of the tracks leading to Copenhagen was not in use and all the trains had to wait to pass one at a time. We didn’t had that much buffer time by then and when the train driver said ppl in a hurry could take the local train to Copenhagen leaving in 5 minutes, we went for it! In the middle of all this, the handle of my luggage broke! :P but we got in the train. We finally arrive to Copenhagen Nord and went for the metro, but the one to the airport was 5 min away... and then we found out it took around 15 minutes to get to the airport... and we had 10 minutes to check in our luggage! XP Of course we didn’t made it on time, but at least we had done the online check in and had some [little] extra time to get to the boarding gate. We managed to pass security with some luck :P and then went to the plane – Norway, here we go!!! :D

It wasn’t a jet plane, but a smaller one. When the trip started it was shacking a bit, but it normalised shortly after – and I was glad for it :P We got to Trondheim and we caught the bus to the city. When we got out I wasn’t cold – after all I had my [new] jacket, my gloves and my beanie on – but I saw some girls in tank tops and guys in shorts and t-shirt... ok, i know nordic ppl are more used to the cold but THAT was way too much! :P

By the time we got to the school were we were staying [a kindergarten ;)] it was pass midnight and I decided not to head to the downtown to join the others. I’ll explain: in Trondheim all bars and discos close at 2 am and you pay to GET IN [smth like 100 – 150 NOK, about 12 – 15 EUR] plus all the consumption inside. And drinks are even more expensive there than in Denmark. So it was better to enjoy the ciders in the school and then get some rest.

PS - By the time we got to Norway, my luggage had broken one of the "pulling handle" metal connections too :P

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário